Tax deductions for accounting clerks
Accounting clerks monitor creditor and debtor accounts, undertake related routine documentation, and calculate and investigate the cost of wages, materials, overheads and other operating costs.
Average weekly pay: $1,071
Employment size: 126,600
Future growth: Decline
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between work locations, visiting clients, or for training purpose.
- Overnight travel expenses between work locations, visiting clients, or for training purposes.
- Phone & internet – work %.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Professional seminars, courses, conferences and workshops.
- Reference books, technical journals and trade magazines related to work as an accountant.
- Self-education courses related to the current job.
- Home office running expenses.
- Professional memberships – e.g. CPA, IPA, CA, etc.
- Cost of business lunches (even if discussing business matters).
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality