Tax deductions for actuaries, mathematicians and statisticians
Tax Deductions For Actuaries, mathematicians and statisticians develop and apply actuarial, mathematical, statistical and quantitative principles to solve problems in a range of fields such as business, finance, scientific, social, and engineering.
Average weekly pay: $2,142
Employment size: 8,800
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel visiting clients, attending different workplaces, and attending training courses.
- Overnight travel expenses for work purposes including airfares, meals and accommodation.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Computers, equipment and other assets.
- Phone and internet – work %
- Professional seminars, courses, conferences and workshops.
- Reference books, technical journals and trade magazines.
- Self-education courses related to the current job.
- Home office running expenses.
- Cost of business lunches and social functions.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality