Tax deductions for actuaries, mathematicians and statisticians
Tax Deductions For Actuaries, mathematicians and statisticians develop and apply actuarial, mathematical, statistical and quantitative principles to solve problems in a range of fields such as business, finance, scientific, social, and engineering.
Average weekly pay: $2,142
Employment size: 8,800
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel visiting clients, attending different workplaces, and attending training courses.
- Overnight travel expenses for work purposes including airfares, meals and accommodation.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Computers, equipment and other assets.
- Phone and internet – work %
- Professional seminars, courses, conferences and workshops.
- Reference books, technical journals and trade magazines.
- Self-education courses related to the current job.
- Home office running expenses.
- Cost of business lunches and social functions.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.