Tax deductions for amusement, fitness and sports centre personnel
Amusement, fitness and sports centre managers organise, control and promote the activities, facilities and resources of amusement, fitness and sports centres.
Average weekly pay: $1,000
Employment size: 13,700
Future growth: Very strong
Skill level Associate degree or diploma
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky fitness equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between various places of work, to attend training, or travel to competitions – where the prizes won would be part of income, or where coaching students.
- Overnight travel between various place of work, to attend training, or travel to competitions.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreens – includes prescription sunglasses which are photo-chromatic glasses which have filtering and glare-reducing qualities similar to sunglasses.
- Computers, audio equipment, weights, mats, bars, treadmill, etc.
- Compulsory work uniforms branded with the employer’s logo.
- Education expenses at university or TAFE – if they relate to current work and are not reimbursed.
- Music, CDs, and exercise videos.
- Home office running expenses.
- Overtime meals.
- Travel for sporting events attended as a spectator or as a participant unless the travel is undertaken in the course of performing work duties.
- General exercise clothing including tracksuits, shorts, tank tops, running shoes, sweat socks, armbands, headbands, and t-shirts.
- Pre-vocational courses such as a Certificate III in Fitness.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.