Tax deductions for archivists, curators and records managers
Archivists, curators and records managers develop, maintain, implement and deliver systems for keeping, updating, accessing and preserving records, files, information, historical documents and artefacts.
Average weekly pay: $1,595
Employment size: 7,000
Future growth: Very strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home) or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending conferences, seminars, and training courses – includes airfares, accommodation, meals, and incidentals.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Overtime meals – if paid a meal allowance under an Industrial Award.
- Self-education expenses – must be related to the current job.
- Magazines, books and journals.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality