Tax deductions for bakers and pastry cooks
Bakers and pastry cooks prepare and bake bread loaves, rolls, buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
Average weekly pay: $907
Employment size: 37,700
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting places of work; or transporting bulky equipment/tools.
- Overseas conferences, courses and study tours. This could be undertaking a month-long baking course in Normandy, (France) studying, eating good food, and drinking fine French wines. These travel expenses will generally be deductible if they enable the baker to become more proficient in carrying out their current job and will likely lead to an increase in the income from their current job.
- Motor vehicle travel including picking up food supplies, attending seminars, and travel between job sites.
- Computers, knives, tools and equipment.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces or training.
- Traditional baker’s uniform – for example, a set of clothing consisting of a baker’s hat and baker’s checked pants.
- Home office running expenses.
- Journals, periodicals and magazines that have a content sufficiently connected to a baker’s employment.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Self-education expenses connected to the baker’s current income-earning activities.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Overseas conferences, courses and study tours
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.