Tax deductions for bar attendants and baristas
Bar attendants and baristas prepare, mix and serve alcoholic drinks and espresso coffee to patrons in cafes, coffee shops and dining establishments.
Average weekly pay: $873
Employment size: 101,000
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between two workplaces, or two jobs, or attending training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces or training.
- Cost of making up till or bar shortages.
- Journals, magazines and books that have content connected to work in the hospitality industry. For example, Good Food Guide, Top 100 Wines.
- Renewal fees for a gaming licence, union fees, and subscriptions.
- Overtime meal expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- First aid courses, training courses and self-education expenses related to current income earning activities.
- Grooming including hairdressing, cosmetics, hair and skin care products.
- The initial cost of getting the gaming licence.
- Cost of meals eaten during the workday.
- Conventional clothing such as plain white shirt and black trousers.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.