Tax deductions for blacksmiths
A blacksmith is a person who makes and repairs iron objects by hand.
Average weekly pay: $700
Employment size: 2,500
Future growth: Decline
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment (blacksmith tools and raw materials).
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes meals and accommodation.
- Protective clothing, including fire-resistant clothing, safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Overtime meals.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreens.
- Dogs, when used for work purposes.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Logbook for motor vehicles
Tax deductible dogs
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.