Tax deductions for bookkeepers
Average weekly pay: $1,000
Employment size: 107,700
Future growth: Decline
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between offices and attending training courses.
- Home office occupancy costs if working from home due to the employer not providing an office work space – includes rent, mortgage interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients, attending different workplaces, or attending training.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Professional seminars, courses, conferences and workshops.
- Reference books, technical journals and trade magazines.
- Self-education courses related to the current job.
- Home office running expenses.
- Professional memberships – e.g. CPA, IPA, CA, etc.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Cost of business lunches – even if discussing business matters.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.