Tax deductions for bus and coach drivers
Bus and coach drivers drive buses and coaches to transport passengers.
Average weekly pay: $1,151
Employment size: 39,900
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Overnight travel expenses including meals, accomodation, drinks and incidentals – will be deductible if incurred, receipted, and not reimbursed.
- Motor vehicle travel between workplaces or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Premiums paid for salary guarantee and loss of licence insurance.
- Medical examination costs associated with the renewal of work-related business licences.
- Home office running expenses.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Computers, equipment, travel bags, overnight bags, suit packs, suitcases and luggage trolleys.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Overtime meals.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.