Tax deductions for butchers and smallgoods makers
Butchers and smallgoods makers select, cut, trim, prepare and arrange meat for sale and supply, and manage the smallgoods production processes.
Average weekly pay: $1,079
Employment size: 13,600
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home) or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or for training courses.
- Overseas conferences, courses and study tours – will generally be deductible if they enable the butcher to become more proficient in carrying out their current job and will likely lead to an increase in the income from their current job.
- Computers, knives, tools and equipment.
- Traditional butcher’s uniform.
- Home office running expenses.
- Journals, periodicals and magazines that have a content sufficiently connected to a butcher’s employment.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Conferences, seminars and training courses to maintain or increase a butcher’s knowledge, ability or skills.
- Self-education expenses connected to the butcher’s current income-earning activities.
- Overnight travel expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Overseas conferences, courses and study tours
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.