Tax deductions for call centre workers
Call centre workers respond to telephone, Internet and email inquiries and complaints about an organisation’s goods and services and promote the goods and services.
Average weekly pay: $969
Employment size: 66,600
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between work locations, or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Professional seminars, courses, conferences and workshops.
- Reference books, technical journals and trade magazines related to current work.
- Self-education courses related to the current job.
- Home office running expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces or for training.
Cost of business lunches or social nights.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.