Tax deductions for chiropractors and osteopaths
Chiropractors and osteopaths diagnose, advise and treat physiological and mechanical disorders of the locomotor system and tissue strain, stress and dysfunction that impede normal neural, vascular and biochemical mechanisms.
Average weekly pay: $1,420
Employment size: 7,800
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if employed by agencies with shifting places of work, or required to transport bulky work-related medical equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between hospitals, clinics, and visiting patients.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending medical conferences, seminars, and training courses – includes airfares, accommodation, meals, and incidentals.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Overtime meals – if paid a meal allowance under an Industrial Award.
- Self-education expenses – must be related to the current job.
- Magazines, books and journals related to health and medicine.
- Agency commissions and agency fees.
- Annual practising certificate fees, association or union fees.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels.
- Home office running expenses.
- Upfront fees, joining fees or search fees paid to an agency.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.