Tax deductions for clerks
Clerks perform a range of clerical and administrative tasks.
Average weekly pay: $1,000
Employment size: 350,600
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between offices and attending training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Professional seminars, courses, conferences and workshops.
- Reference books, technical journals and trade magazines.
- Self-education courses related to the current job.
- Home office running expenses.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and professional membership subscriptions.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients, attending training, or attending different workplaces.
- Cost of business lunches – even if discussing business matters.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality