Tax deductions for clothing trades workers
Clothing trades workers prepare, cut, make and repair garments.
Average weekly pay: $700
Employment size: 6,400
Future growth: Decline
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attending training courses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Home office occupancy costs if required by the employer to work from home. Includes % of rent, mortgage interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Overnight travel expenses when away from home overnight for work – includes accomodation and meals.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, and gloves.
- Overtime meals – if overtime meal allowance received under an industrial award.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality