Tax deductions for clothing trades workers
Clothing trades workers prepare, cut, make and repair garments.
Average weekly pay: $700
Employment size: 6,400
Future growth: Decline
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attending training courses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Home office occupancy costs if required by the employer to work from home. Includes % of rent, mortgage interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Overnight travel expenses when away from home overnight for work – includes accomodation and meals.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, and gloves.
- Overtime meals – if overtime meal allowance received under an industrial award.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.