Tax deductions for concreters
Concreters pour, spread, smooth and finish concrete for structures such as floors, stairs, ramps, footpaths and bridges.
Average weekly pay: $1,290
Employment size: 41,800
Future growth: Strong
Skill level High School or Certificate I
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attending training courses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Dogs, when used at worksites to guard tools against theft. The purchase cost of the dog and training fees are not deductible as they are capital costs. In contrast, vet bills and pet food bills may qualify as a tax deduction.
- Overnight travel expenses when visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes meals and accommodation.
- Protective clothing including sun-protection clothing, safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, overalls, and wet weather gear.
- Overtime meals – if overtime meal allowance received under an industrial award.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Logbook for motor vehicles
Tax deductible dogs
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.