Tax deductions for conference and event organisers
Conference and event organisers organise and coordinate services for conferences, events, functions, banquets and seminars.
Average weekly pay: $1,313
Employment size: 28,700
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Associated degree or diploma
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting places of work; or transporting bulky equipment when visiting clients, i.e. client samples and demonstration equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between offices, visiting clients or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Client gifts bought by salespersons who are entitled to receive commission income – includes Christmas hamper, a bottle of whisky, wine, gift vouchers, flowers, etc.
- Home office occupancy costs if required by the employer to work from home – includes rent, mortgage interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Computers, cameras, video recorders, tools, and equipment.
- Referral commission and expenses.
- Handbag, or briefcase or satchel.
- Overnight travel expenses on sales trips or for training/conferences – includes meals and accomodation.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Union fees, renewing a sales certificate, registrations, and subscriptions.
- Work-related short training courses, for example, first aid, OH&S, bookkeeping, sales techniques, customer service, merchandising, computer skills or management.
- Self-education course fees, the cost of books, stationery, equipment and travel required for the course.
- Advertising – If earning income from a fixed salary and not entitled to earn commission.
- Gifts – If earning a fixed income and not entitled to earn commission.
- Entertainment expenses including buying lunch for a client or business associate.
- Expenses incurred in attending social functions e.g. monthly sales representative networking breakfasts.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Logbook for motor vehicles
Gifts to clients, suppliers and contractors
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.