Tax deductions for construction managers
Construction managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the construction of civil engineering projects, buildings and dwellings.
Average weekly pay: $1,719
Employment size: 92,900
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attending training courses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes meals and accomodation.
- Protective clothing including sun-protection clothing, safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, overalls, and wet weather gear.
- Overtime meals – if overtime meal allowance received under an industrial award.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreens.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Logbook for motor vehicles
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality