Tax deductions for conveyancers
Conveyancers act for clients in transferring a property from the seller to the buyer.
Average weekly pay: $1,158
Employment size: 11,200
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Associates degree or diploma
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attending training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Client gifts bought for work purposes by conveyancers who are entitled to receive commission income – includes a Christmas hamper, a bottle of whisky, wine, gift vouchers, flowers, etc.
- Computers, cameras, video recorders, and equipment.
- Home occupancy costs if required by the employer to work from home – incudes % of rent, mortgage interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Referral commission and expenses.
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients, attending different workplaces or attending training.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
- Entertainment expenses including buying lunch for a client or business associate.
- Expenses incurred in attending social functions e.g. monthly networking breakfasts.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Gifts to clients, suppliers and contractors
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.