Tax deductions for cooks and fast food cooks
Cooks prepare, season and cook food in dining and catering establishments.
Average weekly pay: $800
Employment size: 80,000
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work while transporting bulky equipment (normally 20 plus kilos). A deduction is allowable if it’s essential that the cooks use the bulky equipment in their daily job, and there is no secure place to store it at work.
- Overseas conferences, courses and study tours. These travel expenses will generally be deductible if they enable the cook to become more proficient in carrying out their current job and will likely lead to an increase in the income from their current job.
- Motor vehicle travel picking up food supplies, attending seminars, and travel between restaurants.
- Computers, knives, tools and equipment.
- Traditional cook’s uniform – a set of clothing consisting of a hat, checked pants, and white jacket.
- Home office running expenses.
- Journals, periodicals and magazines that have a content sufficiently connected to a cook’s employment.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Union and professional association fees.
- Conferences, seminars and training courses to maintain or increase a cook’s knowledge, ability or skills.
- Self-education expenses connected to the cook’s current income-earning activities.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces or for training.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Overseas conferences, courses and study tours
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
[ivory-search id=”2777″ title=”Searching01″]
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality