Tax deductions for counsellors
Counsellors work with people to help them to identify and define their emotional issues through therapies such as cognitive behaviour therapy and interpersonal therapy.
Average weekly pay: $1,330
Employment size: 23,500
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having shifting work places – working at more than one site each day before returning home.
- Motor vehicle travel between offices, visiting clients or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Computers, cameras, video recorders, and equipment.
- Home office occupancy costs if required by the employer to work from home – includes rent, mortgage interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Handbag, satchel or briefcase.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or attending different workplaces.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Entertainment expenses such as buying lunch for a client or business associate.
- Expenses incurred in attending social functions e.g. counsellors monthly networking breakfasts.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Logbook for motor vehicles
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
[ivory-search id=”2777″ title=”Searching01″]
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality