Tax deductions for couriers and delivery drivers
Couriers and delivery drivers deliver documents, messages, mail and parcels.
Average weekly pay: $1,000
Employment size: 92,400
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level High School or Certificate I
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having shifting work places – working at more than one site each day before returning home.
- Motor vehicle travel between offices, visiting clients or for training purposes.
- Computers, tools and equipment – includes GPS, vehicle maintenance tools, etc.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Medical checkup and drug testing fees.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests or steel-capped boots.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces.
- Speeding and parking fines.
- Truck/van driving course.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.