Tax deductions for credit and loan officers
Credit and loans officers analyse, evaluate and process credit and loan applications.
Average weekly pay: $1,249
Employment size: 31,000
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having shifting work places (working at more than one site each day before returning home).
- Motor vehicle travel between offices, visiting clients or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Client gifts bought for work purposes by salespersons who are entitled to receive commission income – includes a Christmas hamper, a bottle of whisky, wine, gift vouchers, flowers, etc.
- Home office occupancy expenses if required by the employer to work from home – includes rent, mortgage interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Computers, cameras, video recorders, tools and equipment.
- Referral commission and expenses.
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or for training purposes.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Work-related short training courses – including first aid, OH&S, bookkeeping, sales techniques, customer service, merchandising, computer skills or management.
- Self-education expenses – includes course fees, books, stationery, equipment, travel , etc.
- Advertising – if earning income from a fixed salary and not entitled to earn commission.
- Gifts – if earning a fixed income and not entitled to earn commission.
- Entertainment expenses including buying lunch for a client or business associate.
- Expenses incurred in attending social functions e.g. monthly networking breakfasts.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Gifts to clients, suppliers and contractors
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
[ivory-search id=”2777″ title=”Searching01″]
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality