Tax deductions for deck and fishing hands
Deck and fishing hands maintain ships’ equipment and structures and catch fish, crustacea and molluscs.
Average weekly pay: $1,000
Employment size: 8,800
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attending training courses.
- Telephone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses – includes meals and accommodation.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreens.
- Union fees, licences, registrations, and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expense
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.