Tax deductions for deck and fishing hands
Deck and fishing hands maintain ships’ equipment and structures and catch fish, crustacea and molluscs.
Average weekly pay: $1,000
Employment size: 8,800
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attending training courses.
- Telephone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses – includes meals and accommodation.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreens.
- Union fees, licences, registrations, and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expense
[ivory-search id=”2777″ title=”Searching01″]
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality