Tax deductions for dentists and dental assistants
Dental practitioners diagnose and treat dental disease, and restore normal oral function using surgery and other specialist techniques.
Average weekly pay: $1,950
Employment size: 48,900
Future growth: Very strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if employed by agencies with shifting places of work – working at more than one site each day before returning home.
- Motor vehicle travel between hospitals and dental clinics.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending dental conferences, seminars, and training courses – includes airfares, accommodation, meals, and incidentals.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Overtime meals – if paid a meal allowance under an Industrial Award.
- Self-education expenses – must be related to the current job.
- Magazines, books and journals related to dentistry.
- Agency commissions and agency fees.
- Union fees, annual practising certificate fees, licences, and subscriptions.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
- Upfront fees, joining fees or search fees paid to an agency.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Overseas conferences, courses and study tours
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality