Tax deductions for dietitians
Dietitians apply the science of human nutrition to assist people to attain better health and to help prevent and treat various illnesses and diseases.
Average weekly pay: $1,109
Employment size: 8,400
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between hospitals, clinics, and visiting patients.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending medical conferences, seminars, and training courses – includes airfares, accommodation, meals, and incidentals.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Overtime meals – if paid a meal allowance under an Industrial Award.
- Self-education expenses – must be related to current job.
- Magazines, books and journals related to health and medicine.
- Agency commissions and agency fees.
- Union fees, licences, annual practising certificate fees, and subscriptions.
- Computers, equipment and tools.
- Home office running expenses.
- Upfront fees, joining fees or search fees paid to an agency.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality