Tax deductions for earthmoving plant operators
Average weekly pay: $1,489
Employment size: 48,100
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attending training courses.
- Telephone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces – includes airfares, meal and accommodation.
- Overtime meals – if paid a meal allowance under an Industrial Award.
- Protective clothing including sun-protection clothing, safety-coloured vests, rubber boots, steel-capped boots, safety hats, safety goggles, gloves, and overalls.
- Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
Jeans, drill shirts and trousers.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality