Tax deductions for electrical engineers
Electrical engineers design, develop and supervise the manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of electric power generation, distribution, and utilisation equipment.
Average weekly pay: $2,175
Employment size: 26,800
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Bachelor Degree or Higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attending training courses.
- Telephone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces, conferences, seminars, and training courses – includes airfares, accommodation, meals, and incidentals.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employer’s logo.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses, sunscreen and cosmetics.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Self-education expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
[ivory-search id=”2777″ title=”Searching01″]
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality