Tax deductions for fashion, industrial and jewellery designers
Fashion, industrial and jewellery designers plan, design, develop and document products for mass, batch and one-off production.
Average weekly pay: $1,354
Employment size: 12,000
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Bachelor Degree or Higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, visit clients or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Client gifts bought for work purposes if entitled to receive commission income – includes a Christmas hamper, a bottle of whisky, wine, gift vouchers, flowers, etc.
- Home office occupancy expenses if required by the employer to work from home – includes rent, mortgage interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Referral commission and expenses.
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients, or for training/conferences – includes airfares, accommodation and meals.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Work-related training courses includes first aid, OH&S, bookkeeping, sales techniques, customer service, merchandising, computer skills or management.
- Self-education expenses – includes course fees, books, stationery, equipment and travel.
- Advertising – If earning income from a fixed salary and not entitled to earn commission.
- Gifts – if earning a fixed income and not entitled to earn commission.
- Entertainment expenses such as buying lunch for a client or business associate.
- Expenses incurred in attending social functions e.g. monthly networking breakfasts.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Gifts to clients, suppliers and contractors
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality