Tax deductions for florists
Florists prepare and sell floral arrangements.
Average weekly pay: $821
Employment size: 3,600
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Client gifts bought for work purposes if entitled to receive commission income – includes a Christmas hamper, a bottle of whisky, wine, gift vouchers, flowers, etc.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels.
- Overnight travel expenses if required to be away overnight on sales trips or for training/conferences.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Work-related courses – including first aid, OH&S, bookkeeping, sales techniques, customer service, merchandising, computer skills or management.
- Self-education expenses – includes course fees, books, stationery, equipment and travel.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Gifts to clients, suppliers and contractors
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality