Tax deductions for gaming workers
Gaming workers provide gaming services at casinos and other gambling establishments.
Average weekly pay: $1,188
Employment size: 8,500
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between two workplaces or attending training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions – includes renewal fees for special employee or gaming licence.
- Overtime meal expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Training courses related to current income earning activities.
- Home office running expenses.
- Overnight travel expenses – attending different workplaces and training.
- Self education expenses.
- Grooming – including hairdressing, cosmetics, hair and skin care products.
- The initial cost of getting the gaming licence.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.