Tax deductions for geologists and geophysicists
Geologists and geophysicists study the composition, structure and other physical attributes of the earth, locate and advise on the extraction of minerals, petroleum and groundwater.
Average weekly pay: $2,133
Employment size: 10,300
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Bachelor Degree or Higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes airfares, meals and accommodation.
- Protective clothing including sun-protection, safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, overalls, and wet weather gear.
- Overtime meals – if overtime meal allowance received under an industrial award.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses, sunscreen and cosmetics.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Logbook for motor vehicles
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality