Tax deductions for housekeepers
Housekeepers perform cleaning and housekeeping duties in hotels, motels commercial premises, and private residences.
Average weekly pay: $800
Employment size: 32,900
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level High School or Certificate I
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment (vacuum cleaners, buckets, solvents, and ladders).
- Motor vehicle travel between two jobs, travel to attend meetings and picking up supplies.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, gloves, overalls, aprons, and safety glasses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Union fees, licences registrations and subscriptions.
- Overtime meal expenses – if paid an overtime meal allowance under an industrial award or law.
- Technical or professional magazines related to the cleaning job, e.g. Inclean magazine.
- Home office running expenses.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and cosmetics.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality