Tax deductions for human resource professionals
Human resource professionals plan, develop, implement and evaluate staff recruitment, assist in resolving workplace disputes, negotiate enterprise bargaining, rates of pay and conditions of employment.
Average weekly pay: $1,339
Employment size: 63,400
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level Bachelor Degree or Higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel related to visiting clients, travelling between separate workplaces, and attending training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes airfares, accommodation and meals.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Professional seminars, courses, conferences and workshops.
- Reference books, technical journals and trade magazines.
- Self-education expenses – for courses related to the current job.
- Home office running expenses.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
Cost of business lunches or social events.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.