Tax deductions for kitchenhands
Kitchenhands assist kitchen and service staff in preparing and serving food and clean food preparation and service areas.
Average weekly pay: $865
Employment size: 135,400
Future growth: Strong
Skill level High School or Certificate I
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel including picking up food supplies, attending seminars, and travel between workplaces.
- Computers, tools, and equipment – includes knives.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Protective clothing including boots, gloves, and aprons.
- Home office running expenses.
- Journals, periodicals and magazines that have a content sufficiently connected to employment.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Conferences, seminars and training courses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.