Tax deductions for metal fitters and machinists
Metal fitters and machinists fit and assemble fabricated metal parts into products, set up machining tools, production machines and textile machines, and operate machining equipment.
Average weekly pay: $1,500
Employment size: 99,000
Future growth: Decline
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting places of work (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment/tools.
- Motor vehicle travel between work locations, or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces or for training purposes – includes airfares, meals and accommodation.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses, sunscreen and cosmetics.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
[ivory-search id=”2777″ title=”Searching01″]
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality