Tax deductions for mining engineers
Mining engineers plan and direct the engineering aspects of locating and extracting minerals, petroleum and natural gas from the earth.
Average weekly pay: $2,037
Employment size: 11,000
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Bachelor Degree or Higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between various building sites, places of work, and for training purposes.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces or for training purposes – includes airfares, meals and accommodation.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses, sunscreen and cosmetics.
- Protective clothing, including sun-protection, safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, overalls and wet weather gear.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality