Tax deductions for motor vehicle parts and accessories fitters
Motor vehicle parts and accessories fitters fit and replace motor vehicle parts and accessories.
Average weekly pay: $881
Employment size: 14,500
Future growth: Decline
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment/tools.
- Motor vehicle travel between work locations, or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employer’s logo.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses, sunscreen and cosmetics.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces or for training purposes – includes airfares, accommodation and meals.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality