Tax deductions for accountantAccountants provide services relating to the preparation of financial statements, taxation, auditing, insolvency, budgeting, financial planning, and business advisory.
Average weekly pay: $1,400
Employment size: 189,100
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between work locations, visiting clients, or for training purposes.
- Overnight travel expenses between work locations, visiting clients or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Computers, equipment and other assets.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels
- Professional seminars, courses, conferences and workshops.
- Reference books, technical journals and trade magazines related to work as an accountant.
- Self-education courses related to the current job.
- Home office running expenses.
- Professional memberships – e.g. CPA, IPA, CA, etc.
Cost of business lunches, and attendance at sporting events, gala or social nights, concerts or other events. This is the case even if compulsory or business matters are discussed.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
13 – Self education expenses
41 – Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
165 – Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
210 – Phone and internet
238 – Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
240 – Home office running expenses
245 – Handbags, briefcases and satchels
247 – Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality