Tax deductions for pharmacists and pharmacy sales assistants
Pharmacists select, prescribe, monitor and evaluate pharmaceuticals and medical products.
Average weekly pay: $1,334
Employment size: 67,500
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Bachelor Degree or Higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between two workplaces, or two jobs, or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending medical conferences, seminars, and training courses – includes airfares, accommodation, meals, and incidentals.
- Self-education courses.
- Magazines, books and journals related to health and medicine.
- Medical defence and income protection insurance.
- Compulsory work uniform, lab coats, and surgical caps.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Medical registration fees and membership fees.
- Home office running expenses.
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels.
- Travel for industry functions which includes entertainment, e.g. three-course meal, band, and alcoholic drinks.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Overseas conferences, courses and study tours
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality