Tax deductions for photographers
Photographers operate still cameras to take photographs.
Average weekly pay: $950
Employment size: 15,700
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level Bachelor Degree or Higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Coaching classes or lessons if undertaken to maintain existing specific skills or to obtain work-related skills.
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between work locations, or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Home occupancy costs if required by the employer to work from home – includes a % of rent, mortgage interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Home office running expenses.
- Commissions paid to agents.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Overtime meal expenses.
- Cost of maintaining a photographic portfolio for publicity purposes.
- Audio, videotapes, video digital discs and compact discs used for work.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Self education expenses.
- Overseas conferences, courses and study tours.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients, or attending different workplaces – includes airfares, accommodation and meals.
- Joining fees paid to agencies.
- Audition expenses – as incurred to gain work.
- Cost of attending awards nights or other social functions.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Home office occupancy expenses
Self education expenses
Overseas conferences, courses and study tours
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Logbook for motor vehicles
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.