Tax deductions for public relations professionals
Public relations professionals plan, develop, implement and evaluate information and communication strategies that create a positive view of organisations and their products/services.
Average weekly pay: $1,282
Employment size: 25,700
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Bachelor Degree or Higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment when visiting clients.
- Motor vehicle travel between offices, visiting clients or for training purposes.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes airfares, accommodation and meals.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Home office occupancy expenses if required by the employer to work from home – includes a % of rent, mortgage interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Work-related training courses – includes first aid, OH&S, bookkeeping, sales techniques, customer service, merchandising, computer skills or management.
- Self-education expenses – includes course fees, books, stationery, equipment and travel.
- Overseas conferences, courses and study tours.
- Entertainment expenses such as buying lunch for a client or business associate.
- Expenses incurred in attending social functions e.g. monthly networking breakfasts.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.