Tax deductions for retail managers and supervisors
Retail managers and supervisors organise and control the operations of establishments which provide retail services.
Average weekly pay: $1,000
Employment size: 260,800
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level Associate Degree or Diploma
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between offices, visiting clients or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Handbag, briefcase or satchel.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces or for training purposes – includes airfares, accommodation and meals.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
- Expenses incurred in attending social functions e.g. monthly networking breakfasts.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.