Tax deductions for sales/shop assistants
Sales/shop assistants sell goods and services, such as food, clothing, hardware, household appliances, office supplies and cosmetics, in retail and wholesale establishments.
Average weekly pay: $850
Employment size: 503,400
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level High School or Certificate I
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between two workplaces (shops), or two jobs, or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Journals, magazines and books that have content connected to work in the sales industry.
- Overtime meal expenses – if a meal allowance was received under an industrial award.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Training courses – e.g. sales course.
- Cost of making up till shortages.
- Self-education expenses related to current income earning activities.
- Home office running expenses.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Grooming including hairdressing, cosmetics, hair and skin care products.
- Cost of meals eaten during the workday.
- Conventional clothing – even if the employer makes it compulsory.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality