Tax deductions for social workers
Social workers assist and empower people to develop and use the skills and resources needed to resolve social and other problems.
Average weekly pay: $1,364
Employment size: 28,300
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Bachelor Degree or Higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between hospitals, clinics, and visiting patients.
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having shifting workplaces – working at more than one site each day before returning home.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending medical conferences, seminars, and training courses – includes airfares, accommodation, and meals.
- Self-education courses.
- Magazines, books and journals related to health and medicine.
- Medical defence and income protection insurance.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Computers, tools and equipment – includes briefcase, handbag, iPad, and laptop.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Home office running expenses.
- Overseas conferences, courses and study tours.
- Travel for industry functions which includes entertainment, e.g. three-course meal, band, and alcoholic drinks.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Overseas conferences, courses and study tours
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.