Tax deductions for sports coach, instructors and officials
Sports coaches, instructors and officials coach, train and instruct participants in sports, and officiate at sporting events.
Average weekly pay: $944
Employment size: 40,000
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Manager and agent fees.
- Professional association fees and competition entry fees.
- Motor vehicle travel to and from training, matches and other sporting activities if required to transport bulky sporting gear.
- Overnight travel expenses if required to travel away from home overnight to play an interstate or overseas game.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Luggage if used to transport gear used to play an interstate game.
- Compulsory or corporate clothing, where there is a strictly enforced policy making it compulsory to wear that clothing – includes shirts with club emblems or embellishments, standard matching shorts or tracksuits, hats or caps with club emblems, jerseys and jumpers with club emblems, and suits with club emblems.
- Protective clothing including headgear, mouthguards, sun-protection clothing, and sports skins.
- Sun protection items including sunglasses, sunscreens, and cosmetics.
- Computers, tools and equipment – includes training equipment such as weights, mats, bars, sound system, and treadmill.
- Self-education expenses if related to current occupation.
- Home office running expenses.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Medical expenses.
- General exercise clothing including tracksuits, shorts, tank tops, running shoes, sweat socks, armbands, headbands, and t-shirts.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.