Tax deductions for spraypainters
Spray painters prepare surfaces of vehicles, match and mix colours and apply paint.
Average weekly pay: $1,125
Employment size: 4,500
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Dogs, when used at worksites to guard the tools against theft. The vet bills and pet food bills may qualify as a tax deduction.
- Overnight travel expenses when required to work away from home for work purposes – includes meals and accommodation.
- Protective clothing and equipment including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, breathing masks, gloves, and overalls.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses, sunscreen and cosmetics.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Tax deductible dogs
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality