Tax deductions for stock agents, wool buyers and auctioneers
Stock agents advise and represent farmers in business transactions such as buying and selling livestock, rural property, and goods and services.
Average weekly pay: $950
Employment size: 9,300
Future growth: Decline
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Dogs, when used at worksites to guard the tools against theft. The vet bills and pet food bills may qualify as a tax deduction.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes airfares, meals and accommodation.
- Client gifts brought for work purposes when entitled to receive commission income – include a bottle of scotch, wine, flowers, hamper, etc.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses, sunscreen and cosmetics.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Logbook for motor vehicles
Tax deductible dogs
Gifts to clients, suppliers and contractors
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
[ivory-search id=”2777″ title=”Searching01″]
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality