Tax deductions for taxi drivers
Taxi drivers drive motor cars to transport passengers to destinations.
Average weekly pay: $950
Employment size: 54,900
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between work sites or for training purposes.
- Taxi operating costs including interest, lease payments, depreciation, repairs, fuel, cleaning and insurance.
- Computers, tools and equipment – includes fridge, GPS, and vehicle maintenance tools.
- Consumables for passengers including drinks, sweets, newspapers, and magazines.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Medical checkup and drug testing fees.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Client gifts brought for work purposes as entitled to receive commission income – includes gift vouchers, bottle of wine, flowers, hamper, etc.
- Home office running expenses.
- Speeding and parking fines.
- Taxi driving course.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Logbook for motor vehicles
Gifts to clients, suppliers and contractors
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
[ivory-search id=”2777″ title=”Searching01″]
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality