Tax deductions for ticket salespersons
Ticket salespersons sell tickets and make reservations for travel and admission to sporting and entertainment venues.
Average weekly pay: $1,136
Employment size: 18,900
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level High School or Certificate I
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having shifting workplaces – working at more than one site each day before returning home.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up equipment, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Overnight travel expenses when away from home overnight for work – includes airfares, accommodation and meals.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Overtime meals – if overtime meal allowance received under an industrial award.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.